Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Cabela's Double Rifle Re-Regulation Information

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Double Rifles, Single Shots & Combinations >> Double Rifles

FourTails
.224 member

Reged: 07/01/04
Cabela's Double Rifle Re-Regulation Information
      30/03/05 07:57 AM

I was talking to an individual in the Cabela's Gun Library the other day concerning the scuttle-butt going around Butch Searcy's doubles doing just that. Doubling. They (Cabela's) just sent one back to Butch for a "check" to insure everything is up to par. The more I hear/read about Butch standing behind his product the more I am convienced to go his direction for my 470 Nitro. On another note, the conversation with that particular Cabela's Gun Guru led to double gun regulation. I stated that my old H. Sherping double rifle could use a pinch of adjust on the right barrel. However, the figure I had gotten from a reputable gunsmith who does re-regulation, was all the fingers on one hand, a thumb on the other, with a comma and three zeros. Mentioning this to said employee got a quick reply that in no way should it cost that much. I said I thought that re-regulation most times was about the cost of a new set of barrels for a double. He, on the other hand, was sure it could be done for $400.00 to $600.00 tops. I am waiting for the man's name doing it for this price. I'm not saying I'm going to send my double to him. Just want, if this is really the case, to talk to him. And.....a whole bunch of feedback on this subject will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Mike

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Cabela's Double Rifle Re-Regulation Information FourTails 30/03/05 07:57 AM
. * * Re: Cabela's Double Rifle Re-Regulation Information clark7781   31/03/05 03:48 AM
. * * Re: Cabela's Double Rifle Re-Regulation Informatio mstarling   31/03/05 06:08 AM
. * * Re: Cabela's Double Rifle Re-Regulation Informatio clark7781   31/03/05 06:33 AM
. * * Re: Cabela's Double Rifle Re-Regulation Information Chasseur   30/03/05 08:21 AM
. * * Re: Cabela's Double Rifle Re-Regulation Informatio new_guy   30/03/05 08:25 AM

Extra information
0 registered and 152 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CptCurl 

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 2304

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com