Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Merkel Metal & Wood Dry/Rain Care

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Double Rifles, Single Shots & Combinations >> Double Rifles

blackbearhunter
.333 member

Reged: 15/06/04
Loc: swamp
Merkel Metal & Wood Dry/Rain Care
      09/11/04 04:00 AM

Does anyone know if aluminum is used in the merkel forearm and will the silver coin type finish on the frame turn darker or blueish shaded some in time with age even if kept oiled and dry?Do some of the parts of other doubles have aluminum or aircraft type alloys?My takedown pin on the forearm is turning blueish spotted/flaky looking and it looks like aluminum metal to me?Any suggestions on care for these surfaces?I have been useing reg.gun oil for cleaning.Can the silver frame be kept shinny with some kind of double rifle polish?I just have never heard anything one way or the other about the patina/age colors of silver type frames vs the case color ones.Also on a engraved frame,just for learning something news sake,If the frame got wet real bad on a wilderness/extended type/rained & fog everyday hunt and the metal started to rust,would it attack the engraved lines first and can this rust stuff happen overnight if the air is salty,like around the ocean?Also should the walnut stock be wiped down with a oily rag or do some of you guys use furnature polish or some other wood preservetive/cleaner?Any maintaince/care tips for us students of the double?I know sometimes you can take off on a nice sunny day and still get caught in a rain storm before you know it,stuff happens.I always heard washington state has alot of rainy wet weather and england also.The rain forest would be hell on a double also.Can W-D 40 be used in a pinch if rifle has been soaked?

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Merkel Metal & Wood Dry/Rain Care blackbearhunter 09/11/04 04:00 AM
. * * Re: Merkel Metal & Wood Dry/Rain Care new_guy   09/11/04 05:46 AM
. * * Re: Merkel Metal & Wood Dry/Rain Care blackbearhunter   09/11/04 07:02 AM
. * * Re: Merkel Metal & Wood Dry/Rain Care bonanza   09/11/04 07:58 AM
. * * Re: Merkel Metal & Wood Dry/Rain Care blackbearhunter   09/11/04 08:35 AM
. * * Re: Merkel Metal & Wood Dry/Rain Care bonanza   09/11/04 08:54 AM
. * * Re: Merkel Metal & Wood Dry/Rain Care bonanza   09/11/04 05:26 AM

Extra information
0 registered and 41 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CptCurl 

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 1726

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com