Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Sabatti barrel regulation - Factory video

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Double Rifles, Single Shots & Combinations >> Double Rifles

Pages: 1
Idahoshooter
.275 member

Reged: 27/10/12
Loc: Idaho, USA
Sabatti barrel regulation - Factory video
      #219444 - 11/11/12 05:26 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_0iK8cT9wo

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
AkMike
.416 member

Reged: 19/11/05
Loc: Anchorage, Alaska
Re: Sabatti barrel regulation - Factory video [Re: Idahoshooter]
      #219449 - 11/11/12 07:38 AM

That beats the heck out of the dremel approach!

But they advertize that the rifles are regulated with Hornady ammo (at least here in the USA)and that shows a box of RWS.

--------------------
"When you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing; when you see that money is flowing to those who deal not in goods, but in favors; you may know that your society is doomed." Ayn Rand

DarylS
.700 member

Reged: 10/08/05
Loc: Beautiful British Columbia, Ca...
Re: Sabatti barrel regulation - Factory video [Re: AkMike]
      #219452 - 11/11/12 09:03 AM

Lead-sled-type rest and without a butt pad.

How would that stack up to shooting offhand or standing bench.

--------------------
Daryl

"a gun without hammers is like a Spaniel without ears" King George V

Idahoshooter
.275 member

Re: Sabatti barrel regulation - Factory video [Re: DarylS]
      #219457 - 11/11/12 11:31 AM

When I found the video my first thought was a Dremel with sparks flying. It is good to see them using a torch and solder instead. I saw a video of a well respected double rifle maker test firing a finished rifle in a similiar rest so it must work, but I was wondering about testing it without the forend.

aromakr
.375 member

Reged: 20/04/11
Loc: Hamilton, Montana
      #219488 - 12/11/12 05:50 AM

The wood is indeed missing, however the hanger is attached or the barrels would disengage from the action when its opened. I don't think the lack of wood would effect the regulation.
Bob

FrankMartinez
.300 member

Reged: 20/08/04
Loc: The real Northern CA, USA
Re: Sabatti barrel regulation - Factory video [Re: aromakr]
      #219555 - 13/11/12 06:41 PM

I tried to discern if the gentleman is still moving the verticle adjustment as he is shooting. It also appears he is moving the knob after the first shot. Is this not changing the actual poi?
Frank

bwananelson
.400 member

Reged: 08/10/07
Loc: DELTONA FLORIDA
Re: Sabatti barrel regulation - Factory video [Re: FrankMartinez]
      #219563 - 13/11/12 10:40 PM

we see it and i think it is a big reputation repair after the mess they started after EAA screwed me from the get go no matter how bad i want a 470 they wont get my money. you still have to cut corners to make a cheap gun we are educated we know that its how much will we settle for

--------------------
THERE ARE NO DO OVERS IN LIFE DONT LET A CHANCE AT A DREAM SLIP AWAY.

doubleriflejack
.333 member

Reged: 11/11/07
Loc: Oregon, U.S.A.
      #219579 - 14/11/12 07:49 AM

To the best of my knowledge, the "dremel approach," in regulation, was, as Sabatti admitted, a huge mistake, an early ONE TIME thing, done, admittedly by one of the Sabatti Company owners in a European interview in which he further said that they would never repeat that mistake again, as it is too damaging to their reputation. Mr. Sabatti, in explaining what happened, said that the firm received a surprisingly large order of double rifles (obviously from U.S. Florida importer for Cabelas) in one of its early orders to supply Cablas, the sole U.S. Sabatti dealer. This huge order had to be completed by a designated date, so Sabatti cut production corners in order to fill that order on time. They resorted to the "dremel regulation approach," as you indicated, an abomination for sure! Now, due to demands by Cabelas, and due to Sabatti's reputation problems, they no longer do such abominations, but they regulate the barrels as they should be regulated. Personally, I own three of their rifles, in different calibers, a .500 NE, a .470, and a recent purchase, in a .450/.400, all with no "dremel approach" regulation, and all shooting very well. The .470 is an ejector,while the other two are extractor. I have done some custom, mostly cosmetic, work on them all, to bring them up to my full satisfaction. I have carefully examined all three of these rifles, having taken them all apart and put them all back together again (I have been through gunsmithing school, and have taken Ellis Brown's class in converting double shotguns to double rifles too, in MN gunsmithing school, prior to his writing book on same subject, and I have converted a number of such guns as well). This Sabatti rifle model is a very well designed, very well made double rifle, using the finest alloy steels available; is well worth many times the price.

doubleriflejack
.333 member

#219580 - 14/11/12 08:51 AM

Additionally, youtube contains a three part tour video of the Sabatti manufacturing facility, as well as other videos covering the Sabatti double rifle. It covers most interesting details about the machining of the Sabatti double rifle action. DOES ANYONE KNOW IF IT IS POSSIBLE TO USE ONLINE TRANSLATION PROGRAM TO TRANSLATE THESE VIDEOS FROM ITALIAN TO ENGLISH? If not, do we have any members of this site, who can translate the Italian to English in these videos?

aromakr
.375 member

Re: Sabatti barrel regulation - Factory video [Re: doubleriflejack]
      #219584 - 14/11/12 10:02 AM

I've tried to translate from Italian to English with no luck.
Bob

AkMike
.416 member

Reged: 19/11/05
Loc: Anchorage, Alaska
      #219586 - 14/11/12 10:45 AM

I don't know of any translation program that would translate
from a video. BUT Google and Bing does have semi decent programs for internet pages/sites..

--------------------
"When you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing; when you see that money is flowing to those who deal not in goods, but in favors; you may know that your society is doomed." Ayn Rand

aromakr
.375 member

#219589 - 14/11/12 11:43 AM

Like I've said in a previous thread, my first Sabatti was junk. Cabela's replaced it and I could not be happier. It regulates even better with my hand loads, than it did with factory Hornady ammo. All I need to do now is harvest an animal with it.
Bob

Idahoshooter
.275 member

#219626 - 15/11/12 05:38 AM

There is also a 3-part series from American Outdoors TV that is in english. I was a little hesitant when I bought my 45/70 Sabatti because of their reputation. So far the rifle has fired 700-800 rounds with no problems. The action is still tight and it shoots 6-shot, 50 yd groups into 2" or less. Overall I'm very happy with the rifle, and it did something else, it whetted my appetite for another double. So now I'm trying to decide between Krieghoff, Merkel, or Chapuis. Whatever rifle I choose it's because I took a chance on a Sabatti and discovered how much fun they are to shoot.

Greg

aromakr
.375 member

#219632 - 15/11/12 06:27 AM

Greg:
Do you have an address for the American Outdoors TV 3 part series, I'd like to watch that in english.
Bob

doubleriflejack
.333 member

#219634 - 15/11/12 07:23 AM

FrankMartinez The regulator is moving the vertical adjustment knob prior to shooting; NOT during firing, of course; he is moving it again, after firing first shot, same as hand held rifle would be moving slightly, just prior to shooting second shot, in both cases getting sights lined up properly; without the movement that one would experience if not using the fixture. How do I know, well I have regulated double rifles using same process, essentially.

doubleriflejack
.333 member

#219639 - 15/11/12 08:13 AM

Watch the three part factory tour, in English. Go to YouTube; once there, do a youtube search of American Outdoors TV, Sabatti. That will get you to the tour. Mr. Sabatti speaks in English this time; is not terribly comfortable doing so, but his English is a hell of a lot better than my Italian! American Outdoors TV went to Italy for the tour.

baileybradshaw
.333 member

Reged: 21/06/08
Loc: Diana, TX
      #219994 - 22/11/12 05:18 PM

Watched the tour, and came away with one, over riding conclusion......I need bigger toys...I mean tools :-)

--------------------
www.bradshawgunandrifle.com

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Reged: 25/12/02
Loc: Barossa Valley, South Australi...
      #220012 - 22/11/12 09:25 PM

Quote:

That beats the heck out of the dremel approach!

But they advertize that the rifles are regulated with Hornady ammo (at least here in the USA)and that shows a box of RWS.

My guess is the USA bound rifles are regulated with Hornady ammo while European rifles are regulated with a European brand of ammo eg RWS or ?

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Govt get out of our lives NOW!
"I love the smell of cordite in the morning."
"A Sharp spear needs no polish"

DM
.300 member

Reged: 12/02/07
Loc: mid west USA
Re: Sabatti barrel regulation - Factory video [Re: NitroX]
      #222165 - 22/12/12 09:24 AM

I just viewed the vid, it is in english, but i'm wondering about the adjusting of the sled between the shots. He clearly did turn the adjusting know on the sled, between the shots.

DM

aromakr
.375 member

Re: Sabatti barrel regulation - Factory video [Re: DM]
      #222166 - 22/12/12 09:49 AM

DM:
The rifle recoiles during the firing, too shoot the next shot it needs the sights realigned to the target so it might need the elevation increased or decreased to get the proper sight picture. No different than anyone else shooting mulitable shots from a bench rest.
Bob

500Boswell
.400 member

Reged: 21/07/06
Loc: Queensland
      #222193 - 22/12/12 04:54 PM

A lady [narrator] who knows how to regulate a double rifle ! what an asset !ask any woman you know about how to regulate a double rifle and see what looks you get

Bill_Cooley
.300 member

Reged: 14/12/06
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
Re: Sabatti barrel regulation - Factory video [Re: 500Boswell]
      #224201 - 24/01/13 04:07 AM

I am glad they are doing things the right way and trying to inprove their image.
Bill

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 77 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CptCurl 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 8285

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com