Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Merkel 141 barrel regulation

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Double Rifles, Single Shots & Combinations >> Double Rifles

Pages: 1
jwm
.224 member

Reged: 11/10/08
Loc: Ontario, Canada
Merkel 141 barrel regulation
      #189987 - 16/09/11 12:36 PM

I just posted this question on AR...I hope that asking here as well is acceptable?

Does anyone know where I can find some information regarding the technique for adjusting the barrel regulation of a Merkel 141 double rifle? A local gunshop has a used one in excellent condition, chambered .30-06. The gun has double triggers and ejectors, and the quarter rib is equipped with bases for the turn-in Recknagel-type scope rings. I'm not a huge fan of the chambering, but the gun's almost-perfect condition and low price hooked me...I put a deposit down.

I've seen photos of the muzzle end of Merkels with the adjustable-regulation feature, and they showed three screwheads between the muzzles, two small and one central, larger one. This gun has only the two small screws. The gun has no paperwork, and the dealer has no idea how to adjust it.

I have had wonderful success regulating the barrels on a couple of Baikal doubles, but the process involved a pipe wrench, small hammer, and home-made shims. I'm hoping for a bit more finesse this time.

Any info or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

John

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
AkMike
.416 member

Reged: 19/11/05
Loc: Anchorage, Alaska
Re: Merkel 141 barrel regulation [Re: jwm]
      #189995 - 16/09/11 01:28 PM

Contact the Merkel Shop for the info.

http://www.merkel-usa.com/contact/

--------------------
"When you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing; when you see that money is flowing to those who deal not in goods, but in favors; you may know that your society is doomed." Ayn Rand

CHAPUISARMES
.416 member

Reged: 16/01/08
Loc: DUBBO, NSW, AUSTRALIA
Re: Merkel 141 barrel regulation [Re: AkMike]
      #190015 - 16/09/11 10:55 PM

Hi John,

You only have 2 choices to select from and two ways to turn those 2 choices. It would seem plausible
that the left 'Screw' would be for the left barrel and visa a versa.

jwm
.224 member

Reged: 11/10/08
Loc: Ontario, Canada
Re: Merkel 141 barrel regulation [Re: CHAPUISARMES]
      #190342 - 21/09/11 07:55 AM

AkMike, Merkel seemed reluctant to speak to me, perhaps since I am Canada (I called Merkel USA).

Chapuis, that might indeed seem plausible...but having both screws adjust the same barrel to match the other seemed equally plausible. With two choices of barrel aligned side-by-side, each of which needs adjustment in two different planes (vertical and horizontal) and two screws aligned over-and-under, it seemed like a reasonable question to ask.

Thanks anyway...I was able to get a copy of the Merkel regulation instructions from a poster on AR, and should be picking up the gun this week.

John

Edited by jwm (21/09/11 07:58 AM)

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 187 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CptCurl 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 3412

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com