Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Caveat Emptor Re Russ Gould of doublegunhq

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Double Rifles, Single Shots & Combinations >> Double Rifles

Pages: 1
Ron_Vella
.333 member

Reged: 29/04/05
Loc: Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
Caveat Emptor Re Russ Gould of doublegunhq
      #71154 - 10/02/07 01:44 PM

Caveat Emptor, Re Russ Gould of Canby , Oregon, operating as Network Retailing LLC, doublegunhq, bigfivehq, etc.

I have intended to post this for a long time but these events occurred during our deer season, then we had a death in our immediate family, then Christmas, and other problems. Today I see where Mr. Gould has posted a warning on the Doublegunbbs concerning someone that he feels treated him unfairly. This reminds me that I am overdue in warning others as to how I was treated in a transaction with Russ Gould.
In late October of last year, Mr. Gould had advertised on his website, a used Americase, 2 takedown gun case, with Orvis label, which he described as “excellent condition apart from one rub mark in one barrel compartment”. On October 27, I contacted him by telephone, and agreed to purchase the case at the advertised price of $295 plus $29 shipping costs. On Monday, November 6, Mr. Gould sent me an e-mail which read “I have your payment Ron. Will attend to this first Mon”. However, Russ Gould did NOT ship the case to me on Monday as he promised. Instead, without consulting me, he used the case which was now legally, morally, and ethically, mine, as a shipping container in which to ship two Westley Richards guns to a customer in California. He probably figured that I would not find this out, except that on Friday, Nov 10, I asked him to confirm that the case had been shipped and to supply a UPS tracking number in case I needed to trace the shipment. His response was “The situation is a little complicated. I shipped a pair of WR 16 ga guns to a customer in CA in that case with a forwarding label addressed to you. He got the guns yesterday so your case should be on its way to you today”. In fact, that case did not leave CA until Monday, exactly a week after Mr. Gould was to have shipped it to me.
When the case finally arrived here, it had been wrapped only in a single layer of brown Kraft paper which was torn to shreds. It had been dropped at least twice, on two of its corners which were battered and full of concrete particles. The rub mark was a half inch square in which the felt lining was completely gone, exposing bare aluminum. There were six other tears in the felt lining, ranging from minor up to two which were ¾” three-cornered tears. There were no keys for the two keyed locks. At some time, the combination lock had been jimmied and it was now not possible to reset the combination. I sent Mr. Gould an e-mail detailing these problems, advising him that I would need to have the case relined, and asking if he would help defray my costs. His only offer was: “Please take a $25 credit toward any future purchase for the inconvenience”. I would have immediately returned the case for a full refund, but I had paid a $97 customs and brokerage fee which was non-refundable. To say that I was extremely pi$$ed off is an understatement and I let Russ Gould know that in no uncertain terms.
Here is some of Russ’s correspondence with me:
1) “I feel that the condition of the case is commensurate with the price. I can’t spend much time on a $300 item. I manage around 2000 items and I spend a lot more time detailing the high dollar stuff than I do on used accessories.
2) “I stand by my description of the case as being in excellent condition. And no, I don’t believe your exaggerated criticism of the case, I think you are just mad as a snake because of the delivery delay and are trying to get something for nothing. I offered you more than TWICE the amount you paid for shipping to settle that”. So, first of all I am a liar. Then I’m looking for something for nothing. Then, the $25 which he offered is more than TWICE the $29 which I paid for shipping. Strange math that Russ uses.
3) “You got a good deal at half the price of a new case”. This is an Americase model 3011. The price of a new one, on their website today, is $421.12. Again, interesting math that Russ uses, where $295 is half of $421!!
4) “I suggest you take the $25 and get on with life”
5) When I told Mr. Gould that I intended to post this caveat, he told me “And be careful what you say, you may be hearing from my brother who is a lawyer in Toronto if you cross the line.” I guess that Mr. Gould does not understand that even in today’s litigious society, one cannot be sued for speaking the truth.

I telephoned Americase in Texas. They are SUPER people to deal with. They were helpful, polite, and certainly are service-oriented. I highly recommend them. They sold me two new keys, a new combination lock, and enough green felt to reline the case two or three times. I have since gutted and relined the case myself, so I learned two things from this:
A) How to line a case. B) Have no further dealings with Russell Gould.

P.S.: Anything shown above in quotation marks is a direct, verbatim quote, not a paraphrase. I have saved all correspondence in this case as proof of what transpired.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Double_Trouble
.375 member

Reged: 27/04/06
Loc: Canada
Re: Caveat Emptor Re Russ Gould of doublegunhq [Re: Ron_Vella]
      #71186 - 11/02/07 05:28 AM

It would seem to me that I need to remove Russell Gould from my Christmas Card list. And while I'm at it I think I will remove his Bloor Street Barrsiter Brother as well! ,,,, what kind of chicken shit threat is that, "if you arent nice I'm gonna tell my brother on you" I suspect that Russ was the kid who took his ball and bat and went home when things didnt go his way in the park.

Sorry about the loss in your family Ron....and thanks for the heads up on this less than credible dealer.

DT

--------------------
Double Trouble,
Speak not of what you do not know.
Listen up when it's time to.

Ron_Vella
.333 member

Reged: 29/04/05
Loc: Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
Re: Caveat Emptor Re Russ Gould of doublegunhq [Re: Double_Trouble]
      #71430 - 14/02/07 02:08 AM

Yesterday, on the DoubleGunBBS, I resolved this matter with Mr. Gould. At that time, I promised him that I would place a notice to that effect on each BBS where I posted this caveat. Despite the fact that his parting salvo to me was anything but amicable, and has left a bad taste in my mouth that will not soon go away, I am fulfilling my promise to him and now consider this matter closed for good.

Edited by ronvella (14/02/07 02:14 AM)

nitro476
.300 member

Reged: 21/10/04
Re: Caveat Emptor Re Russ Gould of doublegunhq [Re: Ron_Vella]
      #74108 - 18/03/07 06:08 AM

It would appear that the case you purchased from this cretin should be used on him as a suppository! I really hate crooks and they seem to be on the rise. Sorry for the bad experience.

hoppdoc
.400 member

Reged: 02/03/06
Loc: Southeastern USA
Re: Caveat Emptor Re Russ Gould of doublegunhq [Re: nitro476]
      #74112 - 18/03/07 06:51 AM

Folks like this ultimately get what they deserve.

I hope he gets his sooner than later.

The gun magazines out there need to be contacted with specifics regarding this individual.Maybe several will have the cojones to publish his exploits and make his name synonymous with caca-as all pondscum names should be.

--------------------
An armed man is a citizen of his country, an unarmed man just a subject.

Edited by hoppdoc (18/03/07 06:52 AM)

Showbart
.224 member

Reged: 07/12/06
Re: Caveat Emptor Re Russ Gould of doublegunhq [Re: hoppdoc]
      #74554 - 25/03/07 01:17 PM

I bought a close out NIB Daly/Zastava Mauser 375H&H at an outstanding price and 3 boxes of same Wby/Norma 300 gr SP ammo real cheap. I spoke with Russ for quite awhile covering a number of topics pertaining to things to do with the guns and hunting of Africa. I found him polite, knowledgeable and friendly. He shared what he knew about the things most interesting to me. He is a typical South African, someone who doesn't waste words, is very direct and to the point. People like this suit me just fine as we tend to communicate on the same level. I'd buy from him again.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 64 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CptCurl 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 3046

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com