Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Aaron Little and my Sabatti

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Double Rifles, Single Shots & Combinations >> Building Double Rifles & Gunsmithing

xrayoneone
.224 member

Reged: 27/12/13
Loc: United States
Aaron Little and my Sabatti
      25/03/14 07:07 PM

This is my first post on this forum, if it is not in the right spot I apologize. I had some posts on another forum dedicated to double rifles but it appears that it is no longer in existence. I came to be a member here because I was researching various regulation set ups and I am glad that I found this place.

A few years ago, and against my better judgment, I purchased a Sabatti double rifle. They had just started coming into the country and despite my misgivings I threw my hard earned money at one. Long story short I ended up with a nice looking rifle that couldn't shoot for nothing. I couldn't return it and I couldn't sell it unless I wanted to do so at a loss. Really I didn't want to give it up, it was in 450/400 and had ejectors. After reading countless books on Africa and India this was the caliber I wanted but it was not regulated and it had the ground muzzles. After a few years of looking for someone that would take on the job of regulating my Sabatti I ended up here looking for tips on regulating it myself. I had previously made a double using a shotgun action and Brown's book that came out fair but was really nothing to look at.

While searching the gunsmithing section I came across a post from Aaron Little stating that he would take on a members double rifle build. I knew nothing about Aaron Little but he mentioned he worked with Bailey Bradshaw and I knew a little of his work. Taking a chance I emailed Mr. Little and asked if he would take on regulating my Sabatti. He said he was up for the challenge and after a few emails and a call to Bailey Bradshaw to insure that the man I was talking to was indeed the man he claimed to be I shipped my rifle off to him.

My rifle arrived in Diana, TX on a Thursday and I received an email from Aaron saying he would start working on it Saturday. I honestly did not expect to see my rifle for at least a couple of months but to my surprise I received an email on Sunday saying my rifle was ready for me to test fire. I received it exactly one week after it arrived at Aaron's shop.

Aaron cut back my barrels about 1/2" to get rid of the ground muzzles and recrowned them. He then made a new wedge and properly regulated the rifle. He then polished the barrels but kept them in the white pending my test fire.

It took a couple of weeks to get to the range but when I did was impressed with the results. Before Aaron worked his magic the best my rifle would do was to keep most shots on an 8 1/2" x 11" target at 50 yards but it would not group. After I got my rifle back from Aaron I was getting 2" x 4" composite group at 50 yards. These groups are with the huge brass bead front sight and express rear that is standard on Sabattis. With a finer sight I could probably shrink the groups some more but I am more than happy with the results, in fact I'm ecstatic.

Aaron Little did a great job on my rifle. If you got saddled with a Sabatti and are looking for help call Aaron! His prices and customer service were great. A search on this forum and Bailey Bradshaw's and you can see some of Aaron's work.

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Aaron Little and my Sabatti xrayoneone 25/03/14 07:07 PM
. * * Re: Aaron Little and my Sabatti Sville   25/03/14 07:55 PM
. * * Re: Aaron Little and my Sabatti tinker   26/03/14 01:16 AM
. * * Re: Aaron Little and my Sabatti xrayoneone   26/03/14 04:14 PM
. * * Re: Aaron Little and my Sabatti NitroXAdministrator   26/03/14 09:13 PM
. * * Re: Aaron Little and my Sabatti Aaron_Little   27/03/14 02:47 AM
. * * Re: Aaron Little and my Sabatti doubleriflejack   26/03/14 07:23 AM
. * * Re: Aaron Little and my Sabatti Aaron_Little   26/03/14 10:33 AM

Extra information
0 registered and 17 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CptCurl 

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 3853

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com