Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: MINTY Pre-War Carl Zeiss Zielsechs (6x) Scope!!

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shopping.NitroExpress.com >> Classifieds & Collecting

Pages: 1
heers68
.300 member

Reged: 11/04/08
Loc: north carolina
MINTY Pre-War Carl Zeiss Zielsechs (6x) Scope!!
      #244018 - 19/03/14 09:15 AM

Here is a great example of a true survivor, six power scope by premium maker Carl Zeiss. Original bluing is near perfect. Optics are perfect! Sharp German number one reticle. Set up for a Drilling as is and engraved as such(see pics)but can be used for whatever application you need with removal of upper mounts! Very slight ding in side of scope tube that does not effect use or mounting.(see last two pics)Paralax adjustment works as it should. Just a super example that I don't want to let go but other purchases demand sale. Asking $375+ shipping. PM me here or email: ksreddinger68@gmail.com THANKS, Kevin.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
heers68
.300 member

Re: MINTY Pre-War Carl Zeiss Zielsechs (6x) Scope!! [Re: heers68]
      #244298 - 24/03/14 05:55 AM

Price drop to $350 postage payed in the Continental USA..half international. Won't last long! Kevin.

Ruger_450
Banned

Reged: 10/03/13
Loc: WY & FL
      #244302 - 24/03/14 06:15 AM

Nice scope, several questions:

1. what is the tube diameter ?
2. where is the Paralax adjustment ? All I see is an elevation adjustment.
3. if this is a typical claw mount, the rings are soldered to the tube and are not easily removed. If they are the tube needs to be "desoldered" and re-blued. (total disassembly). Are yours not soldered on ?
4. what is the reticle ?

The dent and engraving are a shame. It must have had an interesting mount on the drilling as the scope has no windage adjustments.

Thanks !

kuduae
.400 member

Reged: 13/01/10
Loc: middle of Germany
Re: MINTY Pre-War Carl Zeiss Zielsechs (6x) Scope!! [Re: Ruger_450]
      #244315 - 24/03/14 08:36 AM

1. "what is the tube diameter?"
26 mm = 1.02", slightly bigger than 1".
2. "where is the Paralax adjustment ? All I see is an elevation adjustment."
the focusing adjustment is the small "wing nut" on top of the elevation turret.
3. "if this is a typical claw mount, the rings are soldered to the tube and are not easily removed. If they are the tube needs to be "desoldered" and re-blued. (total disassembly). Are yours not soldered on ?"
disassembly is relatively easy with these old Zeiss scopes, did it several times, f.i. for Xausa. Ocular bell and objective lens are screwed off, as is the elevation/focusing adjustment turret. Then the complete innards, mounted into a seperate inner tube, are slipped out to the rear. This may be difficult here, as the dent may bind the inner tube.After removing the inner tube assembly, the dent in the outer tube may be removed, just as you remove a dent in a shotgun barrel.
"It must have had an interesting mount on the drilling as the scope has no windage adjustments"
German mounts usually had windage adjustment via opposing screws built in. But sometimes windage adjustment was by drifting the front claw mount base in it's dovetail only.

heers68
.300 member

Re: MINTY Pre-War Carl Zeiss Zielsechs (6x) Scope!! [Re: Ruger_450]
      #244316 - 24/03/14 08:58 AM

Ruger 450, Thanks for enquiring..

1. DIAMETERS: (ocular 38mm) (tube 26mm) (objective 46mm)

2. Paralax is adjusted by turning the oblong handle on top of the elevation knob.

3. yes these claw uppers are soldered on to the scope body.

4. reticle is the heavier (makes it easy to use in low light, dusk and dawn!) pointed post with pointed posts coming from left and right. (Google search "german number one reticle" and look under images and many examples can be seen)

-the dent is VERY light and close up pics make it look worse than it is.

-the engraving is nicely done if you are mounting on a drilling, but if a rifle or other combo is to be used I had considered soldering a small plate over this engraving with the type and caliber of the weapon used. Actually if you colored the engraving with a sharpy it would virtually disappear!

-I would put the optics and light gathering capabilities of this scope up against any modern 6x!

Kevin.

PS, Kuduae, THANKS for info..

Edited by heers68 (24/03/14 09:02 AM)

heers68
.300 member

#244878 - 03/04/14 03:15 AM

Thanks all, SOLD SOLD

Pages: 1

Extra information
2 registered and 5 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  NitroX 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 3274

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com