Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: SxS shotgun Nobel Mfg Co Inc what do you know?

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Shotguns

mcb
.224 member

Reged: 18/12/03
Loc: Ohio, USA
SxS shotgun Nobel Mfg Co Inc what do you know?
      25/05/04 06:47 AM

A friend of mine is probably going to sell a Nobel Mfg. Co. Inc. side by side shotgun. I will probably get first dibs on it and the price is really good. He picked it up used so we know very little about it, but we would like more about the gun and company if we can find it.

As I said its made by Nobel Mfg. Co. Inc. It also says that it was made in Spain. It’s a 12 gage box lock, with simple engraving on the receiver and around the barrels near the fences. It has a splinter forearm, Prince of Whales pistol grip, automatic safety that reset on movement of the lever not the barrels. It has two triggers and 28 inch barrels with extractor only. The chokes measure right ~0.710, left barrel ~0.690 it does not appear to shoot as tight as those number would indicate but I have not patterned it yet. The wood in not walnut but it faily pretty hardwood, probably birch the stock was cut and a white line recoil pad added, the work was fairly well done. The LOP pull is about 14.25 inches to the front trigger.

The gun over all is in excellent condition the barrels are tight on the receiver. With the forearm off and the action unlocked there is a barely perceivable play side to side, no play front to back or when twisting the barrels. There are only a few light marks on the wood and a few spots of surface rust on the receiver the barrels are beautiful inside and out. It also fits the wife very well so that makes it that much easier to talk her into it. With some 7/8 or 10oz loads it should treat her real nice.

Sorry to ramble, any info on the company or gun would be greatly appreciated. If a picture of the proof marks from under the barrel would help get more info let me know and I will take a digital picture of then and post a link.

Thanks
mcb

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* SxS shotgun Nobel Mfg Co Inc what do you know? mcb 25/05/04 06:47 AM

Extra information
0 registered and 9 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  NitroX 

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 1244

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com