Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: New CRF Sako 75 Safari in .375, .416, & .458

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Big Bore Rifles

Pages: 1
rgp
.333 member

Reged: 17/06/04
Loc: TX & VIC
New CRF Sako 75 Safari in .375, .416, & .458
      #35009 - 24/07/05 09:04 PM

This Sako 75 Safari is not the the same as the limited edition 80th Anniversary Sako 75 Safari Grade .375 H&H which costs $21,000 US, but is supposed to be a standard production item at a theoretically reasonable price.

Does anyone know if the production version of these controlled feed SAKO 75 Safaris are available or when they will be available? I have seen exactly one source of information on them (link here: G&A: King Of The Jungle ) and they are supposed to be chambered in .375 H&H, .416 Remington, and .458 Winchester. No information appears to be available on Sako's website or through Sako's American distributors.

Thank you,

Richard.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
DUGABOY1
.400 member

Reged: 02/02/03
Loc: TEXAS USA
Re: New CRF Sako 75 Safari in .375, .416, & .458 [Re: rgp]
      #35028 - 25/07/05 05:04 AM

RYP , I'll reserve my reccomendation till I find out if this is simply a "MAKE-DO" conversion, or a real CRF action! I'm hopeing it is the real thing, and if it is, it is about time! From the pictures in your link the feeding system seems to be a well designed system without sacroficeing the advantages of the three lug lock-up! That lock-up is very good, on a CRF rifle, but doesn't make the PF modle a proper DGR! Maybe Sako has been listening to those use these things for the close encounters of the dangerous kind! As I said before, It's about time! This move, if it works, and I think it will, will turn, the otherwise FINE SAKO PF rifle into an extra fine REAL CRF DGR!

Maybe some of the other PF systems will follow suit, but I won't hold my breath!

--------------------
..........Mac >>>===(x)===>
DUGABOY1, and MacD37 founding member of DRSS www.doublerifleshooterssociety.com
"If I die today, I have had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"

rgp
.333 member

Reged: 17/06/04
Loc: TX & VIC
Re: New CRF Sako 75 Safari in .375, .416, & .458 [Re: DUGABOY1]
      #35058 - 25/07/05 09:24 PM

Dugaboy,

There is another Sako in a few shops now that has the same CRF action if you want to see one in person. The other one comes from Sako's custom shop and is their "Deluxe Big Game Rifle" chambered in .416 Remington.

Richard.

Pages: 1

Extra information
1 registered and 110 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2175

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com