Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: .375 Velopex aka .375/.400 H&H

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Big Bore Rifles

Pages: 1
iwantadouble
.300 member

Reged: 06/06/05
Loc: Gallatin County, Montana
.375 Velopex aka .375/.400 H&H
      #34373 - 06/07/05 05:04 AM

I know it is technically a medium bore, but this seemed to be the best place to ask. Afterall, its direct decendant is a medium bore that produces (small) big bore results. Is there anyone commercially producing brass for this round? I'm sure that commerical ammo is beyond hopes.

In my endevors, I was informed of an old Mauser actioned rifle that was chambered in the Velopex for a good price. As much as I love my M70 in .375 H&H, I do prefer real Mausers to the Winchesters. (Blame it on the bolt shroud in the event that something does go wrong. I feel the Mauser would offer a little more reassurance of gases going away from the eyes.) If I can come up with some brass/ammo for the original belted, I just might have to dip into my double rifle funds and pick this gun up, if what I was told about it all turns out to be true.

--------------------
500 is a nice round number, either followed by "Nitro Express" or by "cubic inch displacement".

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 25 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1777

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com