Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Opinion on canned lion "hunts"

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Hunting >> Hunting in Africa & hunting dangerous game

Pages: 1
gryphon
.450 member

Reged: 01/01/03
Loc: Sambar ground/Victoria/Austral...
Opinion on canned lion "hunts"
      #138014 - 26/06/09 06:27 AM

Africa : South Africa: Opinion - Canned Lion Hunting
on 2009/6/25 20:06:13

Letter to Carel van Heerden — Chairman of the South African Predator Breeders’ Association

Dear Carel,

When I heard that the Free State High Court had rejected your efforts to prevent this liberal touchy-feely rabbit-fondling government from interfering in canned lion hunting, I was devastated.

I know what you meant when you said the ruling by Judge Ian van der Merwe left you feeling as if someone had kicked you in the stomach. I had the same feeling.

I was so angry when I read about the court’s decision that I inadvertently over-medicated and woke up to find Brenda actually kicking me in the stomach and demanding that I throw away all the empty bottles. Is that what happened to you? Maybe we should introduce canned wife hunting.

What gets me is that the ruling was made by one of our own. I never thought I would come across a Van der Merwe who is against hunting. In Bloemfontein, nogal. What is this country coming to? I noticed that the judge’s first name is Ian. He must have an English mother. That’s where the trouble starts, every time. As soon as these halflings grow up, they cross over to the dark side.

Look at Marthinus van Schalkwyk. He started this nonsense with his new rules about hunting predators. Before he crossed over to the darkie’s side, he would shoot anything that moved. Or was that Magnus Malan? Anyway, the point is that you were absolutely right to go to court to stop him. It’s just a pity that you got a judge who has never felt the pleasure of sitting on a deck chair drinking nicely chilled brandy and Coke and picking off lions whenever they came up to the fence.

In his blatantly pro-predator judgment, Van der Merwe said it was “abhorrent and repulsive” to hunt lions bred and raised in captivity. Is he not aware of the damage these animals can do? I have heard of hunters driving into enclosures in brand new 4x4s and having lions come up and claw the bodywork. It doesn’t matter that they only wanted to be scratched behind the ears. Purple metallic paint is not cheap these days.

As you know, foreign hunters will pay more than R170000 to bag a big male who would otherwise spend his time lolling about under a tree, licking his balls and generally being the mane ou. Pride comes before a fall. Or, in this case, a bullet to the head. I was pleased to see that lionesses go for only R10000. At least you guys do not discriminate when it comes to devaluing the worth of females, regardless of their species.

Using unpatriotic words like “biodiversity”, the judge said that breeders were only interested in making money. What absolute nonsense. These people love lions with a passion. Why else would they have lion skins on their floors, lion heads on their walls, lion paw backscratchers, lion tail whips and lion teeth jewellery? These are the same people who drank Lion Lager before the government banned that, too.

Until recently, we could proudly call ourselves one of the world’s canned hunting capitals. More than one thousand of these brutes were gunned down every year. We could have doubled this number if we had packed them a bit tighter in the cages. But because we are not cruel, we left them with enough room to turn around and even lie down if they kept their legs folded in.

If the government bans canned lion hunting, then they must also ban battery chicken farming. The only difference between the two is that there is less of a demand for trophy hunting in the chicken industry because most taxidermists are unable to work with such small heads.

Now that the bloodless coup is over, what is going to happen to the country’s 120 lion breeders? These people have big meat-eating families to feed. Have you thought about canned dog hunting? There is no law that says you can’t breed Great Danes or Irish wolfhounds or any other dog with leonine qualities. These hounds would be a joy to hunt because you would only have to wait for one to come up and sniff your crotch before shooting it in the head. You needn’t even leave the braai.

You said that about 4000 captive lions had now lost their economic value and might have to be put down. Don’t go soft on us, Carel. You are a hunter. Get the men together, take the cats down to the Union Buildings and release them in the parking lot at 5pm. We may as well have the last laugh.

Yours, knee-deep in blood and gore,

Ben Trovato

http://www.thetimes.co.za/Columnists/Business/Article.aspx?id=1020064

--------------------
Get off the chair away from the desk and get out in the bush and enjoy life.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Kalunga
.333 member

Reged: 16/06/06
Loc: Germany
Re: Opinion on canned lion "hunts" [Re: gryphon]
      #138048 - 26/06/09 02:33 PM

Excellent !

Kalunga

kamilaroi
.400 member

Reged: 18/12/04
Loc: sydney, new south wales, Austr...
Re: Opinion on canned lion "hunts" [Re: Kalunga]
      #138062 - 26/06/09 08:44 PM

pisstakus maximus!

9.3x57
.450 member

Reged: 22/04/07
Loc: United States
Re: Opinion on canned lion "hunts" [Re: kamilaroi]
      #138067 - 26/06/09 10:17 PM

Pretty funny.

This is the sort of social pressure {AKA humiliation} to cause change that I support.

Keep gubmnt and the lawmakers out of it!

Gotta say tho, he goes a bit overboard on the van's as a lot and "biodiversity" IS a buzzword used to promote all sorts of mayhem, but the mental picture of two fellows sitting on the stoep shooting lions thru the fence had me about in tears laughing.

--------------------
What are the Rosary, the Cross or the Crucifix other than tools to help maintain the fortress of our faith in Jesus Christ, the Son of God?

albertan
.333 member

Reged: 13/06/06
Loc: Alberta, Canada
Re: Opinion on canned lion "hunts" [Re: 9.3x57]
      #145020 - 02/11/09 09:40 PM

If it were not for the hunting industry in S.A. Lions would have been killed off decades ago. Some good came out of this. I do not like canned hunts, but it kept the gene pool alive in South Africa.

There is currently little, if any, hunting in Kenya. What has happened there?

Kind regards,
albertan

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 25 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 4183

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com