Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Close Encounters of the Elephant Kind - Don Heath

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Hunting >> Hunting in Africa & hunting dangerous game

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Reged: 25/12/02
Loc: Barossa Valley, South Australi...
Close Encounters of the Elephant Kind - Don Heath
      30/11/10 04:06 AM

An unexpected product test

Don Heath's account of his close encounters with an elephant bull earlier this year, on the Norma web site.

A member privately told me about this when it happened. Thank goodness Don came out of it, without not too much damage.

Click on the link for story and dramatic photos.

But a teaser re-printed here:

I was in Mana Pools national park tracking some lion in the hope of getting some good photographs for Norma to use in promotional material when we bumped into a young (about 25 year old) bull elephant. He was stressed with fluid leaking heavily from one temporal gland and clearly not in a good mood. He came to us rather than visa versa and put in three determined mock charges The first time he stopped at about 8 paces and then pulled himself up to maximum height trying to intimidate me with his size before backing off. He paused at about 12 m and then came again, pushing the charge a little closer this time and kicking a fair sized rock at me when he stopped before again backing off. On the third charge he pullet up at only four paces. I stood my ground and kept shouting at him and finally walked forward and pushed him away. He grudgingly gave ground and moved off to the east at a brisk walk and we continued forward ....

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Govt get out of our lives NOW!
"I love the smell of cordite in the morning."
"A Sharp spear needs no polish"

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Close Encounters of the Elephant Kind - Don Heath NitroXAdministrator 30/11/10 04:06 AM
. * * Re: Close Encounters of the Elephant Kind - Don Heath Ben   30/11/10 08:03 AM
. * * Re: Close Encounters of the Elephant Kind - Don Heath gryphon   30/11/10 09:53 AM
. * * Re: Close Encounters of the Elephant Kind - Don Heath CHAPUISARMES   30/11/10 11:19 AM
. * * Re: Close Encounters of the Elephant Kind - Don Heath VonGruff   30/11/10 07:27 PM

Extra information
0 registered and 36 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 2170

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com