Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Need Some Advice

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Hunting >> Hunting in Africa & hunting dangerous game

Pages: 1
.224 member

Reged: 08/03/04
Loc: Georgia, USA
Need Some Advice
      #11132 - 08/03/04 05:09 AM

This is my first post here. Hello to all. I am booked to leave on May 26, to hunt four days in RSA, and the fly into Zimbabwe for a buff hunt. This will be my first trip to Africa. I am flying SAA from Atlanta to Jo'burg. SAA seems to be undergoing some changes, and now it seems that it will be difficult if not impossible to get my guns into Zimbabwe. I am due to pay for another portion of this trip soon. I am however, tempted to cancel the whole thing because of the hassels involved in dealing with RSA and Zimbabwe. I am lost as to what to do. Advice please oh sage and wise ones.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
mickey
.416 member

Reged: 05/01/03
Loc: Pend Oreille Valley, Idaho
Re: Need Some Advice [Re: 1115]
      #11140 - 08/03/04 07:05 AM

The new rules are not supposed to go into effect until July 1. that being said contact SAA and get an answer. Remember to document who you talked to and when. Are you using an Agent? If so ask him.

Good Luck

--------------------
Lovu Zdar
Mick

A Man of Pleasure, Enterprise, Wit and Spirit Rare Books, Big Game Hunting, English Rifles, Fishing, Explosives, Chauvinism, Insensitivity, Public Drunkenness and Sloth, Champion of Lost and Unpopular Causes.

luv2safari
.400 member

Reged: 09/11/03
Loc: United States
      #11143 - 08/03/04 07:14 AM

In view of all the roadblocks these "enlightened" governments are throwing up to prevent their prosperity, I would think that the outfitters/PHs would now provide good quality loaner rifles for your hunts.

I know, this is like kissing your sister, but it solves a major problem for now. Find out what ammo to bring, and supply the PH with your extra for his gun.

--------------------
Hunt with Class and Classics

.224 member

Reged: 08/03/04
Loc: Georgia, USA
Re: Need Some Advice [Re: luv2safari]
      #11144 - 08/03/04 07:21 AM

Hunting in Africa with a borrowed gun just doesn't float my boat. I spent a good deal of money buying and setting up a CZ550 375 with scope, QD's etc and if I can't hunt with it, I will stay home. Thanks for the advice though.

luv2safari
.400 member

Reged: 09/11/03
Loc: United States
      #11146 - 08/03/04 07:57 AM

Who are your booking agent and travel agent? Check with them on current and proposed laws and regulations. Is there a way you could fly to Zim first via Europe, then on to RSA? Can your hunt be worked out the other way round?

All I have to say is that's Africa... but it is all worth the trouble.

Please keep us posted as to your trip...before, and after.

--------------------
Hunt with Class and Classics

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Reged: 25/12/02
Loc: Barossa Valley, South Australi...
      #11153 - 08/03/04 09:44 AM

If you're hunting May/June, and the laws are supposed to come into effect July 1 what's the problem? Don't panic about it. Get all the right documentation, eg proof of ownership of your right in the USA, plus the other required docs for the countries you are hunting.

If you between the lines I feel the new laws are aimed at the "importation" of rifles rather than the sport hunters coming in and out. I don't think these countries are going to put their safari industries at risk.

This might all be settled and history by May.

You may find you will loose your deposit if you cancel for just the reason of not being able to use your own firearm.

Speak to your outfitter and agent.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Govt get out of our lives NOW!
"I love the smell of cordite in the morning."
"A Sharp spear needs no polish"

Sevens
.224 member

Reged: 03/03/04
Re: Need Some Advice [Re: NitroX]
      #11251 - 09/03/04 03:33 PM

I don't mean to cut-in on someone's post, but what are these new laws going into affect on July 1? What countries will it affect? I want to go on my first safari as well, but if I can't have my gun, I'll go to another place. (Australia sounds nice with it's scrub bull and water buffalo)
Sevens

--------------------
"...to protest against all hunting is a sign of softness of head, not soundness of heart." - Teddy Roosevelt

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 24 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1789

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com