Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Hunting in Thailand

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Hunting >> Hunting in Asia

Pages: 1
AdamTayler
.375 member

Reged: 22/03/04
Loc: B.C.
Hunting in Thailand
      #13846 - 22/04/04 02:29 PM

A friend of mine is teaching in Thailand right now. Does anyone know if there are any outlets for hunting? I told him to look for Asiatic Water Buffalo.

--------------------
It's the journey, not the destination.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Reged: 25/12/02
Loc: Barossa Valley, South Australi...
Re: Hunting in Thailand [Re: AdamTayler]
      #13853 - 22/04/04 03:46 PM

Adam

You will be lucky to find anything to hunt in Thailand other than drug smugglers. The place has almost totally be denuded of game outside of farms.

I visited Thailand in 1996 (?) and before going looked up Thailand in a hunting encyclopaedia. It mentioned hunting elephant, rhino, gaur, buffalo, crocodile, deer etc. I got really excited then thought "hmmmmmm, what date was this book published?" "1967".

I asked many a place about wildlife and the answer always came back. Only in farms.

The rabid pace of Asian over-population and destruction of their environment.

However if you do here of something I would love to hear about it by post here, PM or email.

PS There is a lot of poaching in Northern Burma in the Hill Tribe areas and Golden Triangle.

If you cross the border into Burma (Myanmar) and go to a market as I did, you will see a lot of leopard and smaller cats skins, body parts reported to be from tiger, bears and such. Snakes in liquor as medicine etc.

These bastards kill anything wild to keep their bits up.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Govt get out of our lives NOW!
"I love the smell of cordite in the morning."
"A Sharp spear needs no polish"

kos
.275 member

Reged: 14/01/03
Re: Hunting in Thailand [Re: NitroX]
      #14215 - 02/05/04 11:13 AM

Cambodia might be worth a try ,on my way up to Siem Reap ,on the Ton le lake .i saw heaps of water buffalo ,and wondered if they were huntable .most i was told belonged to farmers, but their is bound to be wild ones.i am sure if some kind of hunting for buffalo ,could take place, it would benefit the locals .just one hunter could bring in a lot of valuable income for these people ,because they are bloody poor ,and live in practically stone age conditions.at the shooting range i went to the man running it, got paid 5 us dollars per week.hunters bring lots of valuable income to people who need it !unlike animal lovers who only want to benefit animals and dont give a crap about other human beings.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1821

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com